The task of GPS\GLONASS Monitor is intended for interaction with the GPS\GLONASS receiver connected to a computer.
External GPS\GLONASS devices can be connected to the computer via the serial (COM1:, COM2:) or USB port of the computer.
Determining the location by data from the built-in GPS\GLONASS device is implemented using the Sensor and Location platform
technology for OS Windows 7 and later.
Main service functions:
1. Connection, customization of connection with the receiver (device).
2. Display of the conditional location of the satellites on the celestial sphere, accuracy of measurements.
3. Displaying and analysis of messages from the receiver.
4. Transfer of commands to the receiver.
5. Various manipulations with coordinates of a point (displaying on a map, the saving as a separate point object, saving of a line at movement of receiver as linear object).
6. Performance of queries:
- information on device (unique number of the device, version of software, a series, etc.);
7. Testing the task GPS\GLONASS Monitor.
A bookmark of dialog corresponds to the each option:
At correct opening of a port and correct connection with the receiver from the device the information immediately starts to go, this information is displayed on the Input bookmark.
After the GPS\GLONASS receiver has been oriented and has caught not less than 3 satellites, it is capable to define the coordinates, which are displayed on the Coordinates bookmark. For displaying the received point on your map include a tick Show point on map. Thus, the map moves so that the point (indicated by blinking cross-hairs or by the conventional sign specified on the Parameters bookmark) appears in the middle of a document window.
At tracking moving object for orientation of a map on a course of movement use a tick:To turn a map on a course of movement. Parameters of map turn can be changed on the Parameters bookmark.
If there is no opportunity to experiment with GPS\GLONASS receiver, to get acquainted with work of the task GPS\GLONASS monitor it is possible, having included a test mode (Test mode check-box). The choice of a testing mode is carried out on the Test bookmark.
Some restrictions for the GPS Monitor task:
- messages from GPS\GLONASS receiver should arrive in NMEA 0183 format at connection via COM port and in Garmin format at connection via USB;
- WGS-84 should be set as the system of coordinates in GPS receiver;
- work is carried out on a map supporting recalculation to system of coordinates WGS-84.
- determining the location by data from the built-in GPS\GLONASS device is implemented using the Sensor and Location platform technology for OS Windows 7 and later.